Las historias de este blog son el drama un grupo de amigas de 20itantos y otras de quienes escribimos historias de vez en cuando.
lunes, 25 de abril de 2011
Proportions
Proportions. That’s what I named my work. The culmination of a 4 year journey that has changed me forever. To me that word expresses my constant pursuit of balance. Moments of happiness and success have been proportionate to difficult and struggling times. A proportion refers to the component of a whole. Proportions make the whole, proportions come in different sizes , magnitudes, and amounts they all contribute to the creation of something, and in this journey of mine different proportions of have made up my whole. Although there are larger proportions than others, one of those, cannot make a whole, which is why this concept is so important to me. The idea of totality has found its way into my life, replacing ideas of perfection, but to find this “totality” or to being “whole” is difficult because we tend to look for it mixing in a single proportion, rather than many. My life has been expanded to a point where I have found that I’m whole because I have mixed in several very different proportions. Love has to be in proportions, effort cannot make a whole if not poured in proportions, character is not built with a single proportion and suffering is never whole. I have grown a lot, but in proportions. Today I can say that there is always a sweet sadness when I think of some of elements that Ive left behind, I think Ive realized that in order to be myself, I need more of some proportions, less of others , and accept that some proportions have been or will be dissolved. True freedom is not achieved all at once, and its either because we hold on or because we have not found the right proportions of an element. But we cannot hold on forever to mistakes, we cannot put off decisions, and we cannot live as a proportion to something or someone else.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario